Paulo Alves holds a Ph.D. in Finances from ISCTE (2008), MSc in Financial Risk Management from ISEG (1995) and a degree in Economics from UNL (1992). Associate Professor of the School of Economic Sciences and Organizations of the Lusófona University and Guest Adjunct Professor of ISCAL. He works at CMVM since 1994, currently serving as Senior Financial Economist in the Office of Studies.
His research focuses on Financial Economics, especially in corporate finance and financial markets. His works have been published in several national and international journals.
- Alves, P.; Couto, E. & Francisco, P. (2016). Executive Pay and Performance in Portuguese Listed Companies. Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37, issue C, 184-195.
- Alves, P.; Couto, E. B. & Francisco, P. M. (2015). Board of directors’ composition and capital structure. Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), 1-32.
- Alves, P. & Francisco, P. (2015). The impact of institutional environment on the capital structure of firms during recent financial crises. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), 129-146.
- Alves, P. & Ferreira, M. A. (2011). Capital structure and law around the world. Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, Vol. 21, No. 3, 119-150.
- Alpalhão, R. & Alves, P. (2005). The portuguese equity risk premium: what we know and what we don’t know. Applied Financial Economics, Vol. 15, 489-498..