José Manuel Moreira
José Manuel Moreira has a degree in Economics (1974, from the University of Lisbon) and in Philosophy (1980, from the the University of Porto). He holds a Master’s degree in Modern and Contemporary Philosophy (1984) from UCP, a Ph.D. in Philosophy (1992) from Universidad Pontificia Comillas (Madrid), and a Ph.D. in Economics, specializing in Economic Theory from the University of Porto. He has been a member of the Mont Pelerin Society since 1996 and he has authored numerous books and articles (in national and foreign magazines). He is also Deputy Director of MISES Magazine and Member of the Academic Council of CIEEP Brazil. He is currently Professor and Director of the Faculty of Economics, Social and Business Sciences of the Lusófona University of Porto
His research interests are centered on four major themes: economic and business ethics, Austrian economic tradition, economic policy analysis, and even governance and public policy.
- Moreira, J.M. (1996) Ética, Economia e Política. Porto: Lello & Irmão-Editores.
- Moreira, J.M. (1996) Liberalismos: entre o conservadorismo e o socialismo. Lisboa: Ed. Pedro Ferreira.
- Moreira, J.M. (2002) Ética, Democracia e Estado. Para uma nova cultura da Administração Pública. Cascais: Principia.
- Alves, A.A. e Moreira, J. M. (2004) O que é a Escolha Pública? Para uma análise económica da política. Cascais: Principia.
- Alves A. A., Moreira J.M. (2013) Business Ethics in the School of Salamanca. In: Luetge C. (eds) Handbook of the Philosophical Foundations of Business Ethics (pp. 207-225). Springer, Dordrecht.