Diogo Pires Aurélio
Diogo Pires Aurélio holds a PhD in Modern Philosophy from Universidade Nova de Lisboa, with a degree in Social and Political Philosophy from the same University. He is Professor at the Department of Political Science and International Relations of the Lusófona University.
In addition to the History of Political Thinking, he has published works on tolerance, political representation, and sovereignty; his research is currently focused on the representations of People and on issues of Security in the public space.
- Aurélio, D.P. (2015) «Moderate Machiavellianism: Aron, Machiavelli and the Modern Machiavellians», in Colen, J. and Dutartre-Michaut, E. (eds),The Companion to Raymond Aron. New York: Palgrave Macmillan, pp. 231-244.
- Aurélio, D.P. (2012) «Le multiple, sa nature et ses vertus», in Teoria, Rivista di Filosofia, XXXII/2012/2 (Terza serie VII/2), Pisa, Edizioni ETS, pp. 199-212.
- Aurélio, D.P. (2012) Maquiavel & Herdeiros, Lisboa, Temas e Debates.
- Aurélio, D.P. (2011) Terrorism. Politics, Religion and Literature (co-ed.) Londres, Cambridge Scholar Publishing.
- Aurélio, D.P. (2011) Sovereign Justice. Global Justice in a Word of Nations (co-ed.), Berlim/Nova Iorque, Walter de Gruyter.