Carlos Eduardo Capelo Ramos do Rosário
Carlos Capelo is an Assistant Professor at the European University, Guest Lecturer at the Lusófona University, and Galp’s Board Member. He holds a Ph.D. in Management, specialized in Global Management, Strategy and Business Development.
His main area of research consists of systemic modeling and simulation for learning purposes in management and strategic decision making. His research work has been published in scientific journals such as System Dynamics Review, Educational Technology Research & Development, Accounting Education An International Journal, and Energy Efficiency.
- Capelo C, Dias J, Pereira R (2018). A system dynamics approach to analyse the impact of energy efficiency policy on ESCO ventures in European Union countries: a case study of Portugal. Energy Efficiency, 11, 893-925. ISSN: 1570-646X (Print) 1570-6478 (Online) DOI: 10.1007/s12053-018-9617-9.
- Capelo C, Lopes A, Mata A (2015). A Simulation-Based Approach for Teaching the Systems Perspective of Strategic Performance Management. Accounting Education: an international journal, 24(1), pp 1-26.
- Capelo C, Lopes A I, Mata A. (2012). Teaching the Balanced Scorecard through Simulation. In Sampson D G, Spector J M, Ifenthaler D, Isaías P (Eds.), Proceedings of the IADIS international conference on cognition and exploratory learning in the digital age. IADIS: Madrid, Spain, pp 213-220.
- Capelo C, Dias J (2009). A Feedback Learning and Mental Models Perspective on Strategic Decision Making. Educational Technology Research & Development, 57, pp 629-644.
- Capelo C, Dias J (2009). A System Dynamics-Based Simulation Experiment for Testing Mental Model and Performance Effects of Using the Balanced Scorecard. System Dynamics Review, 25, pp 1–34. DOI: 10.1002/sdr.413